The Smithsons

The Smithsons

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Eight Ways to Wear a Cardigan and Jeans

One of my staple outfits since I had Clark has been a cardigan and jeans.  They are simple, comfortable, and hide a lot of imperfections around the midsection.  They are also warm and practical.  I've literally paired cardigans with an endless amount of outfits this past year, but today I'm going to focus on how I've paired them with jeans. 

 1.  Printed shirt:  I love wearing a solid cardigan with a printed shirt.  This cardigan (which I would wear every day it's so comfortable) is from Target.  This shirt, which is actually a swimsuit cover up that I wear as a shirt, is from Walmart.  These jeans (which you will see in most of the pictures) are from Old Navy.  I've paired it with many different shoes, and it's a very comfortable outfit.
 2.  Black skinnies and boots:  Even though these aren't your typical jeans, they are jeans nonetheless.  I wore this look all winter- black skinnies, a long shirt, cardigan, and boots!  The cardigan is from Target, shirt from Old Navy, and jeans from Target. 
 3.  A solid shirt:  I have a few solid shirts that I like to throw under a printed cardigan.  This cardigan and shirt are from Target.
 4.  A black tank top:  This black tank top is another Walmart swimsuit cover up that I wear as a shirt.  It's very versatile, I wear it with a lot of different things.   It's very long, so I love it with skinny jeans.  The first and last cardigans are hand-me-downs, the stripped one is from Target, and the animal print one is from Forever 21. 
 5.  A white t-shirt:  I bought two packs of Hanes t-shirts this year, and they've been a wonderful $8 investment!  I bought a V-neck pack, and a normal neck pack.  They are super easy to throw under cardigan, and match just about anything.  All three cardigans came from Target.
6.  A stripped tank top:  I have a couple to stripped tank tops that go well under cardigans.  The first one has tiny black and white strips so it goes well with white, gray, or black.  The second look I just came up with for this post.  I wasn't sure about the wider stripes with the smaller ones, but I like it.  I can't remember where the first tank top is from.  The second tank is from Old Navy, and the cardigan is from Walmart (it's a very light cotton, not heavy at all).

7.  Dressed up:  I've worn a different version of this outfit below several times on "Casual Fridays" at work.  Not so much with heels at school, or anytime I'm with the boys, but I also dress up jeans and a cardigan with flats or cute sandals.  These jeans, leopard heels, and cardigan are from Target.  The white shirt is from Walmart, and the tiny belt in the first picture is from Forever 21.  The tiger print shirt in the second picture is from a store on the North Shore called River City Apparel.  I used to shop there a lot, but now they've become more like a boutique, and a lot more pricey.  The closed toed wedges are from Payless and are very comfortable!
 

 8.  A graphic t-shirt:  Sometimes I just love to wear my husband's clothes.  They make me feel small and special.  This t-shirt is an AC/DC shirt of his (so I have no clue where it came from) in the first picture.  I paired this with my most comfortable pair of jeans I own- my Boyfriend jeans from Old Navy and a cardigan from Target.  They have some holes (already there when I bought them) that are rather high on the leg, so I have to pick and choose where I wear them.

The second graphic t-shirt look was provided by my husband as well!  I stole his Red Hot Chili Peppers shirt for this look.  I paired it with my second most comfortable pair of jeans, they are Big Star from Buckle (a pre-marriage purchase... I wouldn't dare spend that kind of money now, even though I love them!), and a cardigan from Forever 21.  I'm wearing them with Sanuk sandals that are very comfy!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment